Commercial Fire Alarms
As a minimum, all commercial fire alarms we now fit are addressable with voice alarms. This means that the panel will actually tell you the exact detector which has been activated rather than a zone area and that rather than just having an bell the sounders will say one of the following messages:
- Message 1: Attention please. Attention please. Fire has been reported in the building. Please leave immediately by the nearest exit. (repeated 2x)
- Message 2: This is a test of the fire alarm system. Please do not take any action.
- Message 3: The fire alarm test is now complete. (repeated 3x).
The cabling can be installed in a number of different ways:
- Flush – within the fabric of the building so that it is not seen
- Surface – within trunking which sits on top of the wall
- Surface – Clipped directly to the wall so that the wiring is physically seen
Flush installation will always be more expensive than surface as it requires more time, care and the building will need to be repaired or decorated after. Flush installation is often best completed when other building work is being undertaken.
Find us on Checkatrade
Reliability & Timekeeping9.92